Monday, February 7, 2011

the greats

Jiva: A word meaning 'Great One'; A form of greatness
I bow down to the great Jiva

oooo i like urban dictionary.
I roll with the best, nothing less

Fashions fade, style is eternal.
Yves Saint Laurent

Dumpy frump a fashion disaster.
New York Post headline
On Prince Charles's wife Camilla during their visit to the USA.

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.
Coco Chanel

If you are not in fashion, you are nobody.
Lord Chesterfield

Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest.
Christian Dior

The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.
Paris Hilton

Women thrive on novelty and are easy meat for the commerce of fashion. Men prefer old pipes and torn jackets.
Anthony Burgess

Elegance is a question of personality, more than one's clothing.
Jean-Paul Gaultier

Style is primarily a matter of instinct.
Bill Blass

I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.
Yves Saint Laurent

I dress for the image. Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion, not for men.
Marlene Dietrich

Women dress alike all over the world: they dress to be annoying to other women.
Elsa Schiaparelli

A designer is only as good as the star who wears her clothes.
Edith Head

Only great minds can afford a simple style.
Stendal

About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs.
Manolo Blahnik

When in doubt, wear red.
Bill Blass

The difference between style and fashion is quality.
Giorgio Armani

I don't do fashion, I am fashion.
Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment